Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Must See!

Last week, we went to see Persepolis. The book is quite good (which I haven't finished yet) but I wondered how the flow of the animations would turn out in the movie version. It was beautiful!

The motion picture takes you on a ride of events and emotions....the ride is smooth and pleasant even though the events are bumpy. This is a typical life of a generation born and raised in a revolutionary society, gone through the post revolution turmoil, an eight-year war, and the seemingly never-ending aftermath of the revolution....a generation many of whom end up with an unwanted and yet voluntary exile.

Two seats down from me, my old friend from Iran was sitting. Watching the movie, I had a flashback to years ago when both his parents were in prison and to the day we heard his father was executed.

The movie made me reflect, cry, laugh...it was the story of my generation!


1 comment:

Bargeen said...

halleh jooni, che khoob ke minevisi...doosesh dashtam,love