Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Wedding Stage!

Shakespeare once said, “All the world is a stage”!

I think the decision to marry Geoff was one of the most, if not THE most, serious decision I ever made in my life. I have to say, thought, when we were preparing for the wedding ceremony and party, I felt we were making a play – it was like the theater, why wouldn’t it be?! A very serious show…but yet a show! And after I actually performed it, from the very depth of my soul and heart and with lots of improvisations, I felt it was a beautiful show!


When we got to the engagement stage, I wasn’t for a wedding ceremony/party but Geoff wanted to have one. He convinced me by, in fact, explaining the actual idea of “marriage”. He said he wanted to “proclaim” his love in front of our family and friends…the private commitment has been already made! Marriage is that social aspect of the commitment; wouldn’t that make the ceremony like a show?! I am not saying this to demote the ceremony and the wedding party...quite contrary, that is the significance of it!


And so we prepared quite a personal ceremony and reception to share “socially” - with our family and friends. The weather could not have been kinder to us, neither could our family and friends! We started the afternoon with a sunny sky, PERFECT for the ceremony on the rooftop! But it didn’t stay the same...times change on the stage! It cooled down but remained nice and pleasant until around the dinner time. Gradually everyone put the jackets on…it was still pleasant enough to have everyone continue dancing. We all danced under the orange sky with the rain clouds noticeable from far away. Our awesome photographer, Punam Bean*, suggested taking pictures with the city’s night view and took absolutely beautiful pictures while a nice breeze was flapping my veil. What great timing…just about 5 minutes later, around 10 PM, we ended the night on the roof with a THUNDERSTORM and RAIN! Could it get more exciting…and romantic?! Life is a metaphor!









































*The photos are by Punam and can be found in her blog post.

No comments: